visit Bullseye Meats® Beef Jerky online store Bullseye Meats Beef Jerky Europe Official Board
Beef Jerky snack is a relatively new product for the European continent. If you like Beef Jerky or simply have something to say about it then join this forum and help us to spread a word about it.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compared to Jack Links Beef Jerky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bullseye Meats Beef Jerky Europe Official Board Forum Index -> About Yummy Meats Beef Jerky
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infinity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Compared to Jack Links Beef Jerky Reply with quote

In Germany the only Jerky "source" are big supermarkets like "mal mart" where they sell this industrial stuff called jack links beef jerky.

it's imported from the USA and went through dozens of middlemen and 100g cost 5.50 Euro.

In USA a bag of this costs about 4-5$ --> 3.20~ Euro

Here your direct-from-the-factory jerky costs 50g 2.60, that makes 5.10 Euro per 100g!

That makes no sense to me. Your jerky HAS TO BE cheaper than the jack links stuff from oversea.
herb

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever been to the States? everything is cheaper there, from hot dog to Maserati... Laughing

even if it's direct from factory - online advertising isn't cheap and I believe that our jerky is still priced lower than most around here plus you get 100% real beef for your money, it's as close to homemade as possible, you might wanna read this post here
Infinity

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack links is produced in US and imported to germany -

so why is beef from a 2nd-world-post-sowjet-country as expensive as jack links beef jerky?
Dane

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Yummy expensive?? Reply with quote

We have Jack L jerky in our local market.

20 gr = 20 Dk.kr = 2.63 euro.

Jack's is thin, dark, soft and sweet. No "bite" and no beef-taste.

Yummy jerky is thick, crispy and has a good, looong, beefy taste.

50 gr = 2.80 euro = 21,25 Dk.kr.

Jack L = 1,00 Dk.kr /gr.
Yummy = 0,42 Dk.kr. /gr.

And it gets cheaper if you use one of their offers!

You wouldn't even think of buying other than Yummy once you have tried it.

Trust me!
(im not employed by Yummy and have no stocks in the compagny Laughing )
herb

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity wrote:
so why is beef from a 2nd-world-post-sowjet-country as expensive as jack links beef jerky?

Because raw beef that our jerky is made of in "a 2nd-world-post-sowjet-country" is coming from S.America and is purchased at the world's market prices. For whatever reason, beef producers don't provide "special discounts" to post-sowjet-countries.
Confused

According to Dane's post above our jerky is cheaper than Link's Twisted Evil Mr. Green Mr. Green

btw, it's more expensive to live in Estonia these days than in the States
mcgon1979

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity wrote:

2nd world country? Your not really much up on politics are you? As a regular visitor to Tallinn I can tell you its on a par with Ireland where I'm from. It's also got the fastest growing economy of the new join EU countries. home of skype and kazaa it's also one of the most "wired" countries in the EU. Plus it produces the absolute best BEEF JERKY in Europe. Period.

Smile Laughing
duckman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I treid Jack Link's beef jerky and it's nowhere near as good as Yummy meats.

I can't wait untill my new order with yummi is being delivered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bullseye Meats Beef Jerky Europe Official Board Forum Index -> About Yummy Meats Beef Jerky All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: