visit Bullseye Meats® Beef Jerky online store Bullseye Meats Beef Jerky Europe Official Board
Beef Jerky snack is a relatively new product for the European continent. If you like Beef Jerky or simply have something to say about it then join this forum and help us to spread a word about it.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

payment via paypal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bullseye Meats Beef Jerky Europe Official Board Forum Index -> Credit Card Payments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayneuk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: payment via paypal Reply with quote

hi i order a lot of beef jerky for my family from the usa on a monthly basis i find that most beef jerky outlets there and here in the uk accept payments via paypal as we dont have to hand over our credit card details the customer is reasured and u get plenty more customers .iam not saying your payment system isnt secure. i would personaly like to pay via paypal for your products .thanks.wayne
herb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: payment via paypal Reply with quote

wayneuk wrote:
i would personaly like to pay via paypal for your products .thanks.wayne

hi, thanks for the tip on paypal!! Really, I do appreciate your interest in our company. I just wanna say that in no way paypal is more secure than our service. First of all neither we nor our cc processor hold your cc details!! Once you typed it in and clicked on a purchase button it simply runs encrypted through a gateway provided by our cc processor to acquiring bank that check the info against your bank records. Using our service your cc issuing bank is the only entity who has your cc information in its database!! In case with paypal you get your cc info stored in their database so besides your bank, a third party (paypal) has your cc info!! Now, why one wanna do that Confused Check out our bank's service here and decide for yourself if paypal is any better, but frankly, I don't think so.

Here is a web site about paypal I came across, it has a... how to put it a funny name Wink
{LCD}Death.esq.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I use PayPal all the time for Ebay and the like, but I don't think I'll bother after reading that site Herb, nice find Shocked
herb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{LCD}Death.esq. wrote:
Wow, I use PayPal all the time for Ebay and the like, but I don't think I'll bother after reading that site Herb, nice find Shocked

I took one advice that I found on that website's homepage
"If you are searching for an alternative to PayPal, we strongly suggest acquiring a Real Merchant Account" and that is exactly what we did, we acquired our own merchant account with a trusted bank, so why be a "building block of PayPal's kingdom"
{LCD}Death.esq.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too read through the site and its links, it made very interesting reading, so many people ripped off and let down, the Merchant Bank option did look good on the EULA, I try to use my Visa Cards where possible to ensure insurance on transactions, but I'll be thinking twice about PayPal before using it again, we also have our clan accounts set up with PayPal, very worrying Sad
herb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death, I personally had no experience with PayPal so I can't really say anything about them, it just that I came across that site and I thought why would folks go to all that bother and post all that stuff if it's weren't what really happened to them Idea
{LCD}Death.esq.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a long standing and trusted consumer afairs programe in the UK called Watchdog, BBC 1, and gues what this weeks subject was, thats right, Paypal, hundreds of people all with the same problems as described on the PaypalSucks link, looks like the problem is now a media issue
herb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: payment via paypal Reply with quote

Question: Should I use PayPal to Accept Credit Cards Online?

Answer: Let's begin by first stating that PayPal is not a bank and does not provide its merchants with a Real Merchant Account. PayPal provides its merchants with a PayPal account.

There is a Very Big Difference.

With a Real Merchant Account, your funds are deposited into your personal or business bank account, which you control and which is also protected by Federal Banking Regulations.

With PayPal, your money is deposited into a PayPal Account, which PayPal Fully Controls.

There is a lot more at PayPalWarning.

I am absolutely convinced that I made a right decision getting our own merchant account Very Happy and if we loose some customers who prefer to pay via PayPal
Quote:
i would personaly like to pay via paypal for your products .thanks.wayne

well, I'd rather loose a few customers than become another PayPal horror story, but that's just me Smile
{LCD}Death.esq.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what evidence I've seen so far, I'd say "good choice Herb", not too bad if your buying with Paypal but a nightmare if you're selling, Ebay have a lot to answer to on their PayPal company policies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bullseye Meats Beef Jerky Europe Official Board Forum Index -> Credit Card Payments All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: